Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Broken

A couple weeks ago Braeden was planning one last snowboarding trip to Targhee with a couple of friends.  He had four tickets so all week he was trying to decide who he would take for the fourth person.  Carson kept telling him that he could take him but Braeden never really responded to him!  I had been thinking, I hope Braeden will take him, Carson really loves to be with him, but I didn't push it.  Friday came and Braeden still hadn't said anything to Carson, but by this point I was thinking, it's ok Carson really doesn't need to go, but I didn't express those feelings to anyone either.  Saturday morning the boys got up and Braeden told Carson he could go, and boy was he excited.  We got them off and on their way.  It was about 2 1/2 hours later we got a phone call from Braeden.  I knew as soon as the phone rang that something was wrong.  He said Carson crashed on the first run and I think he broke his wrist.  The nurse at Targhee put him in a splint and Todd drove up there to get him.  Braeden and his friends were able to stay and enjoy the rest of the day! Carson came home, had it x-rayed and sure enough it was broken.  Sad day for Carson.  He is on a Basketball team right now going to tournaments all spring and summer.  He is out for 4-5 weeks and will miss 3 tournaments in that time.  I guess I am just glad it wasn't worse!  I will take a broken arm over most other injuries!  However I mostly wish I would have listened to the promptings telling me he didn't need to go :-(





 

No comments:

Post a Comment